Paper details: The purpose of the assignment is to encourage the use of professional databases and
to provide generalized and practical understanding of policy in practice. All students will submit one brief.
Case Brief: Each student will submit one case brief related to the contents of the course.
Case Study Topic: The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
Case Brief Breakdown – Should describe a pertinent court case. Briefs should be typewritten in 12-point font; double-spaced and must include the following headings:
• Case Title and Citation – The title lists all the litigants with the plaintiff(s) named first. It also includes the court and year in which the case was decided.
• Court Type and Level – The level and type of court in which the decision
was made should be listed.
• Facts – The facts provide the reader with a description of the actual circumstances and events that are involved in the case.
• Issues – An issue is a disputed point or question of law upon which a legal action is based. Usually relates to what statute the case is based on or what legal right has been violated. Issues may also arise concerning the process of enforcing the rights that citizens are guaranteed. In other words, what steps in the process have been violated?
• Court’s Holding – The decision made by the court in a dispute is known as a holding(s). This decision includes the specific decision(s), the reasons for the decision(s), the legal precedent for the argument, and applicable statutes.
• Rationale – This is a very important part of the case brief. You must explain the gist of the court ruling (i.e., why the court arrived at its holding).
• Significance of the Decision – The reviewer should consider the significance this case may have for the field of special education and/or education in general. This is the reviewer’s personal opinion.
• (1 section) Unresolved issues and further questions – Identify and discuss issues and questions regarding this case.
Other cases cited – List the other cases cited by the court (e.g., Brown vs. Board of Education). Provide a maximum of 5 other cases cited.
Important Notes: Briefs should be no less than 3 pages and no more than 5-6 pages in length. Students are to locate their own cases using Wrightslaw or legal research databases.
Websites or Databases that are currentaqwly free include: http://www.wrightslaw.com/caselaw.htm
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.