Writing Assignment #4
Rhetorical Analysis Essay
The objective of this assignment is to enable you to write a well-constructed rhetorical analysis that makes a claim regarding the rhetorical tools exhibited in a text.
The subject of your analysis will be a rhetorical article (editorial) approximately 1-2 pages long.
Suggested sources: The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, the London Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, your city’s newspaper’s editorial page, etc..
You can use any editorial writer. Suggested writers include: Richard Cohen, Ellen Goodman, Maureen O’Dowd, William Raspberry, Anna Quindlen.
Sample Websites from which to harvest editorials:
In a rhetorical analysis, you should:
• Make a clearly stated, complex claim about the text’s rhetoric and its effectiveness (thesis)
• Contextualize the text using the Rhetorical Triangle (author, audience and purpose)
• Discuss rhetorical appeals of the text (logs, ethos, pathos)
• Observe proper MLA quotation and citation formatting requirement
• Observe proper MLA paper formatting requirement
• Choose a clear organization for the paper that clearly aids understanding (think about your audience the whole time you are writing)
• Create interesting and functional introduction and conclusion paragraphs
Your essay should include the following parts:
• Introduction: this is where you introduce the text you will analyze and let the reader know what your standpoint on this text’s rhetoric will be. Be sure to include an explicitly stated thesis. Write in the third person throughout, and use an authoritative tone.
*Contextualize: who is the author, who is the audience, and what is the author’s purpose in this piece of writing?
*Identify and discuss each of the rhetorical appeals—ethos, pathos, logos
*Make sure each paragraph has a main point, evidence from the text to support that point, and explanation of the evidence
*Remember to keep your analysis as objective as possible; discuss the text’s rhetoric, not its subject
• Conclusion: this is where you restate the claim you have made about the text and explain why your analysis supports the claim. You should also use a recognized concluding strategy; a formal conclusion, an implied conclusion, a broader point made of the thesis.
Minimum length: 750 words
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.