Throughout this course, we have explored topics in forensic science with special emphasis on approaching, securing, and managing a crime scene; documenting, collecting, and processing evidence; maintaining chain of custody; and presenting evidence at trial. We have also looked at collection and analysis of fingerprints, ballistics evidence, blood, trace evidence, tool marks, and impressions of tires and footprints. This process is critical to locating, securing, and analyzing physical evidence that will help solve crimes and to the admission of that evidence in court in order to secure a conviction.
The final assignment for this course is an analysis of the Crime Scene Scenario from Week One. You will analyze the crime scene and provide a detailed, step-by-step examination from initial discovery through admission of evidence at trial. Do this by including the following:
· Approach to the crime scene
· Documentation of evidence
· Collection of evidence
· Processing of evidence
· Maintenance of chain of custody
· Presentation at trial
The following elements must be addressed in your Crime Scene Scenario Analysis. Your analysis must address these elements for each potential piece of physical evidence you locate at the crime scene:
· Determine how the initial responders should approach the crime scene.
· Analyze how initial documentation of evidence should be carried out. This includes documenting both the overall crime scene and the location of various pieces of evidence within the scene. Issues of photographing, sketching, and video documentation of evidence should be addressed.
· Analyze how evidence should be collected, including specific methods for
o Potentially hazardous evidence.
o Impression evidence.
o Easily contaminated or compromised evidence.
· Explain how the evidence should be processed, including the basic scientific analysis to be performed on each piece of evidence and the laboratory equipment that will be utilized.
· Analyze each type of evidence found in the scenario in terms of its historical use in criminal cases.
· Assess how the chain of custody will be maintained.
· Evaluate how evidence will be presented at trial, including discussion of foundation and introduction of new tests and technology, if applicable.
Please re-read the information in this prior to launching the interactive multimedia below. Note: Upon completion of the crime scene fly-through, this multimedia provides additional controls to allow you to revisit and zoom-in on specific pieces of evidence.
The Crime Scene Scenario Analysis
· Must be 12 to 13 pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Must use at least eight credible sources in addition to the course text.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style
· Must document all sources in APA style
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.