Prior to the outbreak of Covid-19 in Germany, the Berlin based brewing company Federbrau was very successful throughout the European continent. During 2019, the brewer reported net sales of € 415 million, 6% up from 2018. Internal auditors also determined its operating profit (EBIT) amounted to € 40 million in the same period. As part of their expansion strategy, they devoted substantial investments in net working capital, the company’s net book value increased from € 215 million to € 230 million, while net fixed assets remained stable at € 130 million. The company managed to maintain its capital structure with a debt to equity ratio of 0.75 and a 40% Equity Ratio.
Based on German corporate income tax of 25% and interest rate of 5.0%, calculate the following;
• Net Profit Margin (5 marks)
• Working Capital Requirement (WCR) and working capital ratio over sales for 2019 (5 marks)
• Post-tax Return On Invested Capital (ROIC) for 2019 (10 marks)
• Free Cash Flow (FCF) for 2019 (10 marks)
In 2019, Japanese electronic giant Sony Inc. had ¥ 16,5 million in operating income (EBIT). With the huge demand for their products, Sony experienced a net depreciation expense of ¥ 3,3 million coupled with an interest expense of ¥ 2,2 million. Being subject to strict Japanese corporate tax, its corporate income tax was 40%. Furthermore, to maintain their competitive advantage over their rival Samsung, they maintain ¥ 44 million in operating current assets and ¥ 15,4 million in operating current liabilities; Sony keeps ¥ 49,5 million in net fixed assets. It estimates that it has a post-tax cost of capital of 10%
Based on Sony’s only non-cash item being depreciation, calculate the following:
• Sony’s net income after taxes (NEAT) for the year? (5 marks)
• Sony’s Net Operating Profit After Taxes (NOPAT)? (5 marks)
• Sony’s net operating working capital (WC) and total net operating capital for the current year? (10 marks)
• If the Working Capital Ratio (WCR/sales) read 25% in 2019, what was Sony’s sales revenue? (10 marks)
• If total net operating capital was ¥ 75 million for the previous year (2018), what was Sony’s Free Cash Flow (FCF) in 2019? (10 marks)
Below is the company data for Apple Inc, currently being traded on the US markets. The measures are stated om millions of USD currency.
· Cash & marketable securities $165
· Fixed assets $286
· Net sales $1320
· Earnings Before Interests and Taxes (EBIT) $143
· Net Earnings After Taxes (NEAT ) $ 66
· Quick Ratio ((CA-Inventory)/CL) 2.1 to 1
· Current Ratio (CA/CL) 3.4 to 1
· Average Collection Period (ACP) 45.60 days
· Return on Equity (ROE, NEAT/Net Common Equity) 13%
· Tax rate 25%
For Apples Liabilities & Equity side, they only report common equity, debt and current operating liabilities.
Based on the detailed information above, find the following calculations;
• (1) Accounts Receivables, (2) Current Operating Liabilities, (3) Current Assets, (4) Total Assets, (5) Net Common Equity, and (6) Debt. (10 marks)
• With the increase in online commerce, assume Apple has decreased its ACP by 15.60 days (i.e., totaling 30 days) while holding all other variables constant, how much cash could they generate? (10 marks).
• What is Apple’s ROIC (post-tax) ? (10 marks)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.