In this Assignment, you will discuss antecedents of target marketing as they relate to the video case study on Numi Organic Tea. The video case study on Numi Organic Tea describes how the company’s sampling program helps position the Numi Organic Tea brand with its target markets. The brand’s premium position ties naturally into the customer outlined in the film, but Numi is also interested in expanding outside of the major tea drinker into more casual tea drinkers. To watch the video case study: Numi Organic Tea, Click Here. http://www.cengage.com/marketing/book_content/9781133190110_lamb/videos/ch08.html
Using research from Chapter 8, answer the questions on Numi Organic Tea in the template provided. You can access the Assignment template in Doc Sharing.
Antecedents of Target Marketing
Short Essay: Write a 250 (or more) word discussion using research from your textbook to help substantiate your understanding of segmentation, target marketing, and positioning. Apply APA style referencing in your writing.
1. In the first part of the video, Jen Mullin, the vice president of Marketing for Numi Organic Tea, clearly describes their typical customer. Using the information on segmentation you learned from reading Chapter 8 in Lamb, et al. (2014), discuss who the customer is and how the Numi marketing team figured that out?
2. What is Numi’s principle marketing plan? In what way does Numi’s marketing team use what they know about their target demographic to implement their marketing plan?
Defend Your Answer Challenge: Highlight your multiple choice answer in yellow. Write a 100 (or more) word discussion in defense of your answer to the multiple choice and true/false questions using research from your textbook to help substantiate your understanding of segmentation, target marketing, and positioning. Apply APA style referencing in your writing.
3) Jen Mullin, the vice president of Marketing for Numi Organic Tea, describes their typical customer as a female, college-educated tea lover, possibly an “eco-mom.” What type of market segmentation has she used to identify this customer group?
a. Geographic segmentation
b. Demographic segmentation
c. Ethnic segmentation
d. Psychographic segmentation
4) Another way Numi Organic Tea identifies potential customers is through what they want from the product; they are looking for organic, fair-trade, premium quality tea, according to the video. What type of market segmentation is used to identify customers in this way?
a. Geographic segmentation
b. Demographic segmentation
c. Benefit segmentation
d. Usage-rate segmentation
5) Because Numi Organic Tea has identified more than one target market, for example, “eco-moms,” college students, and family travelers, they should be particularly aware of the ____________________, which helps explain how consumption patterns differ at different stages determined by a combination of age, marital status, and the presence or absence of children.
a. Family life cycle
b. 80/20 principle
c. Undifferentiated targeting strategy
d. Concentrated targeting strategy
6) The demographic variable that Numi Tea marketers were examining when they recognized that people who had discovered their product at a high-end spa or fine restaurant often shopped for groceries at Costco was _________________________.
7) Numi Tea uses premium ingredients to create a premium tea at an affordable price, according to Jen Mullin. This is a form of ______________________ that the company uses to distinguish their products from those of competitors.
a. Perceptual mapping
b. One-to-one marketing
c. Product differentiation
d. Market segmentation
8) Which of the following is the least likely targeting strategy that Numi Tea would select to market their products?
a. Undifferentiated targeting
b. Concentrated targeting
c. Multisegment targeting
d. Niche targeting
9) When Jen Mullin explains that her company’s tea is sought after as a product to include in gift bags and other promotional giveaways by companies and other organizations, she is recognizing the companies who ask Numi to provide tea samples as optimizers.
10) To graphically map the “channel conflict” between marketing Numi Tea to premium spas, hotels, and restaurants and selling the same brand at mass market stores such as Target, the company could employ perceptual mapping.
Lamb, C. W., Hair, J. F., & McDaniel, C. (2012). MKTG5. Mason, OH: South-Western, Cengage.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.